We hope you find these CAT4 Verbal Analogies practice tests useful.
Improving your child’s CAT4 score for the CAT4 Verbal Analogies section.
School Entrance Tests’ FREE Verbal Analogies CAT 4 sample questions.
Here’s our popular Passed Papers You Tube channel‘s CAT4 video guide.
What is the CAT4 school assessment?
Well, the CAT 4 is GL Assessment’s excellent replacement CAT4 range to the SAT’s benchmarking system – you should also read our explanation of the meaning of your CAT4 test score.
What’s the best CAT4 prep for each grade?
- Firstly, our CAT4 practice tests for UK school year 4.
- Secondly, CAT4 Year 5 Practice Tests.
- Thirdly, CAT4 Practice tests for year 6.
- Then, CAT4 Year 7 practice tests.
- Next, CAT4 Practice for year 8.
- And our Year 9 CAT4 Practice.
- Also,our Year 10 CAT4 Practice.
- our LYear 11 CAT4 Practice.
- Plus, Frequently Asked CAT4 Questions.
- And then, our CAT4 Practice Test.
- Also, there’s our guide to the different types of CAT 4 question.
- And our guide to CAT4 based Gifted Children Programmes.
- Finally, our CAT4 guide, What is the CAT4 test?
What are the different CAT4 levels?
The range of different CAT4 levels each cater for different school grades in bioth primary and secondary / high school.
In the Cat4 levels summary below you can see that
- CAT4 Levels X / Y refer respectively to the CAT4 Years 1 / 2.
- Each of the CAT4 Levels X and Y has a different structure.
- CAT4 Level A to Level G is for year 3 to year 12 and above.
A low level of difficulty CAT4 question would be:
- Matching shapes.
- Other questions will be a little more complicated with very simple patterns and counting exercises.
Hence, a high difficulty level CAT4 question example are the
- Multi-step problems which need intermediate solutions.
So, what are the CAT4 subtests?
The 8 CAT4 levels are split into three sections: verbal skills; numerical skills; and spatial skills.
Each test also has a time limit – I recommend repeating them several times to make sure your child is ready for the real thing and is able to manage their time effectively to finish.
Our CAT4 Preparation Tips
- A simple but effective method is to use one corner of the paper as a marker to determine how the paper unfolds.
- This provides a simpler way of understanding the question but is a difficult method for a student in primary school to reliably use.
- At times the student may focus on the wrong information which does not lead to a definitive answer.
- The above complexity requires advanced cognitive skills and is required in the higher CAT4 test batteries.
- Time is an issue and is deliberately short to determine the student’s ability to process information at speed.
- Teachers need to make sure they use the correct test level for their children.
What are the CAT4 Instructions?
Once instructions have been given by the teacher and the practice tests and examples been conducted, the real test will begin. During this time a timer will count down the time allocated. The timer cannot be stopped and in fact the time is a critical aspect of measuring a child’s brain processing speed. The test will timeout even if questions haven’t been completed so it is absolutely essential to make sure a time management strategy of some sort is in place.
CAT4 GL Assessment body does allow for a pen and rough paper for students to use and scribble on and make calculations. So tell your child to make sure one is available before the test or else previous seconds will be lost.
Now, we do hope we answered these popular CAT4 questions for you:
Recommended CAT 4 practice by section
- Also try our Verbal Classification CAT4 practice and our CAT4 Verbal Analogies practice.
- Then next our CAT4 Figure Recognition practice and Figure Analysis CAT4 practice.
- And CAT4 Number Analogies practice plus our Number Series CAT4 practice.
- Finally our CAT 4 Figure Classification and CAT 4 Figure Matrices practice.
Who are School Entrance Tests?
We speak as expert test developers ourselves. Infact you can contact our Founder, Rob Williams, at email@example.com
From School Entrance Tests; helping your child to excel and to show their true potential in their CAT4 assessment.
We hope that you found this to be a useful CAT 4 learning resource.
We are THE Gifted education and Talented assessment specialists.