Here is our targeted CAT4 practice for the CAT4 spatial reasoning questions to help you pr child to pass!
Top CAT4 test practice for the spatial reasoning sections
This includes the best CAT4 practice tests for each school year group entry.
here’s our FREE practice CAT4 test.
You can practice for the other CAT4 skills sections here:
An example CAT4 Figure Recognition question is shown below:
What are the above CAT 4 practice tests’ benefits?
- Detailed visual explanations are provided for every single question.
- By researching the Figure Recognition module in detail, we’ve managed to identify every single possible version of the question type that could come up in your child’s test.
So, in summary, there are two key factors:
- Firstly, these are THE most accurate and efficient way to prepare for the CAT4 Figure Recognition module.
- And secondly, they will introduce your child to allof the possible types of CAT4 Figure Recognition exam question.
CAT4 spatial reasoning skills
What are the CAT4 speatial reasoning sub tests?
The CAT4 assessment covers four types of Reasoning:
- CAT 4 Verbal Reasoning
- Non-Verbal Reasoning CAT4
- CAT 4 Quantitative Reasoning
- Spatial Reasoning CAT4
CAT4 Spatial Reasoning skills are assessed by two spatial reasoning modules.
For both the CAT4 Figure Analysis and the CAT4 Figure Recognition subtests, we’ve categorised every possible CAT4 question based on the specific CAT4 spatial reasoning skill below:
Figure Analysis CAT4 spatial reasoning question types
- Single Fold
- Two Folds
- Three Folds
- Four Folds
- Horizontal and Vertical Folds Only
- Diagonal Folds
- Mixed Folds
- Symmetrical Punched Holes
- Asymmetrical Punched Holes
- Mixed Style of Punched Holes
CAT4 Figure Recognition question types
- Same Shapes
- Different Shapes
- Horizontal/Vertical Lines
- Horizontal, Vertical and 45° Diagonal Lines
- Variable Angles and Curved Inner Lines
- One Crossing Line
- Two Crossing Lines
- Three Crossing Lines
- Four Crossing Lines
CAT4 Figure Recognition Level A to CAT4 Figure Analysis Level G
For each level, there’s a unique set of 6 online practice tests that will help your child prepare for the Figure Analysis module in the CAT4 test.
How are spatial reasoning skills being assessed by the CAT4 Figure Recognition test?
- Students are shown five complex designs as line drawings with a target shape below.
- They then have to identify which of the five designs contains the exact same size outline of the target, including each side in full.
- This test assesses visualisation skills, particularly the ability to create and retain a firm mental image of a shape that represents angles and lengths accurately.
Other free CAT4 test practice resources by age
- Firstly, our Level A CAT4 Practice.
- Secondly, CAT4 Level B Practice .
- Thirdly, Level C CAT4 Practice .
- Then, CAT4 Level D Practice .
- Next, Level E CAT4 Practice .
- Also,Level F CAT4 Practice .
- Plus, CAT4 level g test practice.
- Finally, our CAT4 Practice Test.
Which skills does the 2023 CAT4 assess?
Each of the eight CAT sections assesses a different set of reasoning skills. These are summarised below: firstly in terms of the four major aptitude tests for skills in numerical, verbal, spatial and non-verbal reasoning. Then secondly in terms of how the CAT4 also assesses the additional working memory and processing skills abilities – both of which are well- supported in the aptitude research theory and skills literature.
2023 CAT4 spatial Abilities are measured by those CAT4 spatial reasoning sub-sections assessing visualization skills for 3D objects.
All CAT4 sub-sections measure:
- Processing Speed which is a pupil’s skills at processing / responding to visual and auditory info.
- Working Memory which is a pupil’s skills at holding / manipulating info within their individual short-term memory capacity.
What other skills does the CAT4 assess?
The four key aptitude test areas are assessed. Each by two CAT4 sections, as detailed below:
1) CAT 4 Verbal Reasoning Skills assessment
2) CAT 4 Non-Verbal Reasoning Skills assessment
3) CAT 4 Quantitative Reasoning Skills assessment
4) CAT 4 Spatial Reasoning Skills assessment
Our popular CAT4 samples
Use the following for more targeted section-based CAT 4 test practice: