Welcome to School Entrance Tests‘s 12 Plus Exam practice papers for Year 6 entry exams.
TOP Prep school 12+ practice papers for prep school entry exams
The focus of this page is 12+ Private School Entrance Test practice and 12 plus Past Papers, practice English 12+ tests and Maths 12+ practice exam papers.
Here’s our recommended 12 Plus Entry test practice;
- Determines a child’s suitability to join a grammar school in Years 8 or 9.
- Allows additional time to prepare.
- Strong academic focus on the core subjects and is used by many of the top grammar schools in the UK.
- Always on the basis of available grammar school spaces in those year groups.
Who takes the 12+ Late transfer test?
It is aimed at Years 7 and 8 pupils who’ve narrowly missed out on an 11 plus pass (to gain entry to grammar school). Although not all grammar schools accept 12+ exam (13+ exam entry).
What happens is that to, three or more grammar school places can become available for two reasons:
- Firstly, if there are too few grammar school applicants in a particular 11+ year.
- Secondly, pupils who decide, for whatever reason, to leave their grammar school in the middle of a term.
What Does the 12+ exam (13+ Exam) Involve?
- The exam tests ability in the core subjects: English, Maths and Reasoning
- Every school has a slightly different exam structure, but generally, children are tested on their abilities in the core subjects of Maths, English and Reasoning.
Common Entrance ISEB 13+ Registration
Pupils are usually entered for the examinations by their prep school.
Register here for the ISEB Common Entrance exam 2023.
Leveraging value from our 12+ past papers