Welcome to our 13 Plus and 12 Plus Exam practice.
13+ test practice / 12 Plus Exam practice
Welcome to our 12+ practice papers for Year 6 entry exams.
What are the key features of the Late transfer test?
- Determines a child’s suitability to join a grammar school in Years 8 or 9.
- Allows additional time to prepare.
- Strong academic focus on the core subjects and is used by many of the top grammar schools in the UK.
- Always on the basis of available grammar school spaces in those year groups.
Who takes the Late transfer test?
It is aimed at Years 7 and 8 pupils who’ve narrowly missed out on an 11 plus pass (to gain entry to grammar school). Although not all grammar schools accept 12+ exam (13+ exam entry).
What happens is that to, three or more grammar school places can become available for two reasons:
- Firstly, if there are too few grammar school applicants in a particular 11+ year.
- Secondly, pupils who decide, for whatever reason, to leave their grammar school in the middle of a term.
What Does the 12+ exam (13+ Exam) Involve?
- The exam tests ability in the core subjects: English, Maths and Reasoning
- Every school has a slightly different exam structure, but generally, children are tested on their abilities in the core subjects of Maths, English and Reasoning.