How effective are your basic tutoring skills? Take our quiz to find out how effective your tutoring skills are.
Why do I need coaching skills in tutoring?
Coaching can involve any situation where one person supports another in achieving a goal. This can be a personal or professional role. We are all familiar with sports coaches, life coaches and business coaches. However, we all have a need for coaching skills in various aspects of our lives.
The term coaching, in fact, was first used around the 1830s at Oxford University, as slang for a tutor who ‘carried’ a student through the exams. Therefore, referring to the action of ‘transporting’ someone from where they are to where they want to be.
However, parents coach their children in everything from table manners to problem-solving. Teachers coach their pupils in certain skills. Tutors coach their learners.
These skills are however not only for teachers, tutors and parents. People use similar skills across a wide range of life roles. Some refer to them as coaching skills. Developing these skills are a great benefit to your interpersonal relationships.
Our Which School Guides
Then, Grammar Schools Guide, London 11 plus practice tests, 11Plus GL Guide.
Finally, London Pre-Schools Guide.
Our Exam Success Guides
- Firstly, How stressed is your child?
- Secondly, How effective is your decision-making style?
- Thirdly, How are your Basic Tutoring Skills?
- Also, IntelligenceTypes.
- And, How Effective Are Your Time Management Skills?
- Plus, Do your Tutoring Skills Need a Tune-Up?
- Then, also Effective learning styles
- And How to stay healthy during exams
- Then, also Instagram helps stressed students.
- Finally, How well-developed are your English writing skills.