There is a free private schools fees scheme that promotes access to London’s independent school sector amongst those who cannot afford to pay termly fees.
FREE Private schools fees scheme
Choose the school that will suit your child the best, not the one that he or she is “expected” to attend or one that can give the parent a glow of reflected glory. A child who is not academically very able or driven, may well become disillusioned if squeezed into a highly selective academic school. Parents should look at a number of schools and keep their options open, rather than setting all hopes and expectations on one school.
Parents and students should attend Open Days, see the school in action and meet the head, who sets the ethos and values of the school. The school should feel right for the family; after all it is a long term life affecting decision.
- Alleyn’s School
- Bancroft’s School
- Chigwell School
- Boys City of London School
- City of London School for Girls
- Emanuel School
- Forest School
- Francis Holland School, Regent’s Park
- and Francis Holland School, Sloane Square
- Godolphin and Latymer School
- Haberdashers’ Aske’s Boys’ School
- Highgate School
- King’s College School, Wimbledon
- Kingston Grammar School
- Knightsbridge School
- Latymer Upper School
- North London Collegiate School
- Northwood College for Girls GDST
- and Queen’s College
- St Benedict’s School
- St Helen’s School
- University College School, Hampstead
- Westminster School
Fee Assistance at these London Independent Schools
Each of these London independent schools of London is recognised for its high academic standards and the breadth of its education. Different terms are used to describe the fee assistance programmes. For example:
- Assisted places
- Sponsored awards
Regardless of the name, the aim is to offer fee assistance to those children most likely to benefit from private school education.
Free private schools fees
Our independent School test practice guides
- Firstly, independent school practice tests (ISEB, CEM and GL).
- Secondly, independent school entry 16+ test practice papers.
- Thirdly, top CEM test practice papers.
- And then next, which are my closest top London private schools?
- Plus, the best ISEB test practice for independent schools and our Private School Scholarship Exams 11+ and 13+.
- School Entrance Tests‘ guide to the Most Prestigious Private Schools! St Mary’s scholarship exams and Westminster Scholarship exam practice.
- And our features on How much is prep school? and How to arrange an independent school bursary.
- Plus also Eton exam practice and How much are Eton College fees?
- And then finally, our getting an Eton College scholarship.
Also, which are the best independent schools near me?
Finally, what is the free private school scheme?