Welcome to our recommended premium 8 plus practice papers and School Entrance Tests‘ extensive 8+ Prep School Practice past Papers.
The focus of this page is 8+ Private School Entrance Test practice and 8+ Past Papers.
Practice English 8+ tests and Maths 8+ practice exam papers
Here’s some excellent replica versions of real 8+ prep school entry tests:
BUY THE BEST AVAILABLE 8+ Test practice papers.
These are excellent replica versions of real 8+ prep school entry tests.
THE BEST PRACTICE for 8+ exams because of these features:
Covers all 8+ subjects.
READY FOR DOWNLOAD immediately after purchase.
It provides unlimited 8 plus test practice access for two years.
THE MOST IMPORTANT 8 plus skills to pass
We recommend that your child follows these 8+ exam revision steps to achieve their 8 plus test potential.
- To learn the most efficient 8+ exam techniques.
- Then review sample 8+ exam papers.
- Next to purchase a 8+ practice test bundle.
- To then confidently analyse your 8+ exam successes and failures in terms of the different 8+ exam question types.
- Keep using 8 plus practice tests at least once a week for several weeks.
- And then once you’re ready you should attempt your first 8 plus mock test.
SIX STEPS to maximise your child’s 8+ Skills
- Encourage your child to practice with one of our top 8+ test prep resources every weekend.
- If you also track each week’s 8 plus entry exam progress then you will quickly learn which 8+ test techniques work best for them.
- Conduct 8+ pass / 8+ fail reviews to establish which 8+ plus test sections your child finds the most challenging. Both in terms of 8+ exam time taken and getting that type of 8+ question correct.
- This allows the 8+ parent or 8+ tutor to focus in the later 8 plus assessment study periods on on those.
- Don’t automatically follow what other test prep sites suggest you should do. This is because your child needs to adopt the most efficient 8+ passing strategies which work for them.
- Then to practice these in their 8+ revision sessions.
FREE 8+ practice papers to ensure 8+ entry exam success
Prep school mock exams
How do you know your child will pass their 8+ exam?
Prep school intro
There is a huge range of Independent/private schools spread out over Great Britain, Ireland, The Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. These schools are fee paying and most of them are also members of the ISI (Independent Schools Inspectorate). Private schools are run by governors and independent of many regulations that apply to state schools. The biggest of these regulations that they are independent of is the National Curriculum.
SEARCH BY senior schools using the ISEB Common Pretest.
8+ Prep School, 8+ past papers and 8+ test practice
8+ exams are used by various independent schools for entry into Year 5.
While most schools have an entrance at 7+ for entry into Year 3, some schools have entry into Year 4 and these are known as the 8+ entrance examinations.
Our 8+ practice papers are also excellent 9 plus prep school exam preparation.
- Cover all aspects of the 8+ written exams.
- Are most helpful for pupils taking 8+ exams to gain a top school plaace.
- Provide your child with the best possible 8+ exam practice by including the full range of 8+ question difficulty.
FREE Sample English 8+ and Maths 8+ papers
- 8+ English Sample Questions (Dulwich College)
- 8+ English (King’s College Junior School Wimbledon 2013)
- 8+ English (Magdalen College School)
- 8+ English Sample Paper 1 (Solihull 2020)
- 8+ English Sample Paper 2 (Solihull 2020)
- 8+ English Sample Paper 1 (Solihull 2018)
- 8+ English Sample Paper 2 (Solihull 2018)
- 8+ English (St Faith’s Cambridge)
- 8+ English (St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School 2013)
- 8+ English Creative Writing (St Mary’s School Cambridge)
- 8+ English Punctuation Specimen Paper (Westminster Cathedral Choir School)
- 8+ English Punctuation Specimen Paper 2 (Westminster Cathedral Choir School)
- 8+ English Spelling Specimen Paper (Westminster Cathedral Choir School)
- 8+ English Spelling Specimen Paper 2 (Westminster Cathedral Choir School)
- 8+ Maths Sample Questions (Dulwich College)
- 8+ Maths (King’s College Junior School Wimbledon 2014)
- 8+ Maths – Group B (King’s College Junior School Wimbledon September 2012)
- 8+ Maths (Magdalen College School)
- 8+ Maths Sample Paper 1 (Solihull 2020)
- 8+ Maths Sample Paper 2 (Solihull 2020)
- 8+ Maths Sample Paper 1 (Solihull 2018)
- 8+ Maths Sample Paper 2 (Solihull 2018)
- 8+ Maths (St Faith’s Cambridge)
- 8+ Maths (St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School 2013)
- 8+ Maths (St Mary’s School Cambridge)
- 8+ Maths Specimen Paper (Westminster Cathedral Choir School)
- 8+ Maths Specimen Paper 2 (Westminster Cathedral Choir School)
- 8+ Reasoning (St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School 2013)
- 8+ Reasoning Sample Materials (St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School 2013)
Our best advice is to ‘Keep calm and Carry On’
If your child is worried about taking their exam, we advise reassuring them they will be fine and just to do their best. Do not leave any anxiety issues, such as those described above, to get better on their own without any invention…since it can lead to a situation in which your child can’t focus at all on their practice.
So, why are 8 plus school exams used?
Hence most 8 plus plus examinations are used to gain a place in top independent schools.
When do 8+ exams happen?
8 plus examinations happen at the start of the Spring term in Year 3 for entry into Year 4 the following September.
|7 to 8||Year 3||KS2|
|8 to 9||Year 4||KS2||Multiplication tables|
London Schools using 8 plus Exams
- Chepstow House
- Dulwich College
- Garden House School
- Ibstock Place Prep School
- King’s College Junior School
- St Paul’s Juniors (formerly Colet Court)
- St Philip’s Roman Catholic Prep School
- Sussex House School
- Westminster Under School
- Westminster Cathedral Choir School
- Wetherby Preparatory School
8+ examination for prep school entry
The ISEB pretests described in the YouTube video above are used to select students for Year 2 entry into top schools across the country.
Step by step guide to using 8+ our past papers
We often get asked, How best to use School Entrance Tests‘ 8+ past papers. Here is our step-by-step guide to encourage the best form of school entrance test practice:
- You need to search the School Entrance Tests‘ Index to access 8+ entry practice past papers.
- Check that you have the correct exam format for the prep school you are applying for here.
- Download the most recent 8+ exam papers available on that page or post for your child to go through.
- Schedule revision sessions at least once a week. Ideally first thing in the morning on either Saturday or Sunday. Ideally both days!
- Initially, use the first 1-2 revision sessions to familiarise your child with the 8+ exam format and the different types of question in the 8+ exam.
- As they complete more practice 8+ papers (from earlier academic years) your child will perfect their 8+ exam technique*
- Note those sub-tests (for example the 11 plus for grammar school entry has four separate papers or subtests.
Our notes for using past school entry papers
Firstly, the above Guide to using 8+ past papers may occur alongside your child’s tutor.
Also, we also offer more challenging past 8+ papers for revision. These are supplied by our practice 8+ exam partners because of their reputaiton for providing high quality and engaging online (mock) exams. We recommend incorporately these at the asterisked step 5. *