Welcome to our 10 plus prep school exams practice.
Prep school 10+ practice papers for Year 6 entry exams
Top 10+ Exam practice papers
FREE English exam 10+ Practice
You will find below the very latest school entrance 10 plus English and 10+ Maths past papers.
- 10+ English Multiple Choice (City of London School)
- 10+English Paper A (Emanuel 2021)
- 10+ English Paper B (Emanuel 2021)
- 10+English Paper 1 (Emanuel 2020)
- 10+ English Paper 2 (Emanuel 2020)
- 10+ English Sample Paper 1 (Solihull)
- 10+English Sample Paper 1 (Solihull 2020)
- 10+ English Sample Paper 1 (Solihull 2018)
- 10+English Sample Paper 2 (Solihull 2018)
- 10+Maths Sample Paper 1 (Solihull 2020)
- 10+ Maths Sample Paper 2 (Solihull 2020)
- 10+Maths Sample Paper 1 (Solihull 2018)
- 10+ Maths Sample Paper 2 (Solihull 2018)
SAMPLE MATHS 10+ and ENGLISH 10+ PAPERS
Key Points about 10+ Exams School Entrance
- The 10+ admissions tests are taken in the Spring term in Year 5 for entry into Year 6 the following September.
- The admissions process varies from school to school.
- However these private schools typically test in English and maths with some adding a reasoning paper
- Plus verbal reasoning and/or non-verbal reasoning.
- The additional 10+ exams are at a slightly lower level than the 11+ examination.
How do 10+ Examinations relate to 11 plus exams?
- 11+ exam entry continues to get ever more competitive.
- Hence some parents choose for children to sit an exam a year earlier at around 10 years old.
- There are only a few schools that offer the 10+ entry.
- If students are successful at 10+, they are not required to take the 11+ examination the following year.
- Unless they are wanting to be considered for a scholarship or bursary place.
- Those unsuccessful students at 10+ entry are still able to sit the exam at 11+ entry.
10+ examination for prep school entry
The ISEB pretests described in the YouTube video above are used to select students for Year 2 entry into top schools across the country.
How best to use School Entrance Tests‘ 10+ past papers
Our notes for using past school entry papers
Firstly, the above Guide to using 10+ past papers may occur alongside your child’s tutor.
Also, we also offer more challenging past 10+ papers for revision. These are supplied by our practice 8+ exam partners because of their reputation for providing high quality and engaging online (mock) exams. We recommend incorporately these at the asterisked step 5. *
Completing our 10+ Prep School practice papers is excellent preparation for 11+ past papers.
|9 to 10||Year 5||KS2|
|10 to 11||Year 6||KS2||National tests in English reading, maths, and grammar, punctuation and spelling. Teacher assessments in English writing and science|
Writing Skills Guides
- 10+ Writing Prompts ; 10+ Rewrite & Improve and 10+ Vocab / Grammar
- 10+ Punctuation and 10+ Spelling