Welcome to School Entrance Tests‘ guide to Oxbridge Applications.
Cambridge Applications guide
For most Cambridge University Admission you will need to complete a supplementary application questionnaire. The applications that are outside the EU will require a process that needs to be completed by the Cambridge Online Preliminary Application.
Several application tests are ongoing in Cambridge at the moment and they are;
- Cambridge Admission Assessment
- Biomedical Admission Test is also known as BMAT
- Sixth Term Examination Paper also known as STEP
- UCAT Cambridge admissions test
Thinking Skills Assessment YouTube video
School Entrance Tests has its own YouTube practice test videos. For example, our Thinking Skills Assessment YouTube video below:
- Cambridge Personal Styles Questionnaire® (CPSQ)
- International Medical Admissions Test (IMAT)
- University of Cambridge pre-interview assessments
- Sixth Term Examination Paper (STEP)
Oxbridge admissions tests
Cambridge Applications 2022 / Cambridge Assessment Test
Cambridge is one of the toughest universities in the UK to get into and compared to other top institutes all over the world, it offers some of the best educational courses that one can ask for.
Almost every academically skilled student in their life has once at least thought about getting into this amazing institute offering top-class faculty and study material in the field of arts, science, mathematics, etc.
For getting into this university, an assessment test is mandatory and that is common for whichever course students choose to study. For example, if you are studying a mathematics course at Cambridge.
In which case, you will also have to appear for an assessment test alongside someone who is looking forward to getting their English honours degree from here.
Preparing for the Cambridge Assessment Test?
There are a lot of aspirants who look forward to getting their degree in a particular course and for that reason, they look for the top tuitions and educational centres to get involved in all sorts of mock tests.
However, that is not required in all cases, since anyone will easily get free information and resources on the college website itself as a specimen and past papers and test qualifications will come in handy to make a decision.
Getting familiar with the Cambridge Assessment Test
The students will be able to familiarize themselves with different test contents and certain levels and formats that have been followed in the past and as per that they can come to a decision about preparing themselves for the examination.
Students can investigate and work on different types of questions that have been asked in the past 4-5 years of the assessments and also learn in brief about the questions that have been asked.
Furthermore, the students can work under different time conditions for solving the questions. During the live examination, the students will have to answer the questions within a specified time limit and working towards achieving that goal within a certain limit will surely come in handy for them.
Finally, the students should be reviewing the answers that they are providing. This final step is extremely important for anyone and everyone who is appearing for the examination, whether that student is a smart one and whether that student is a newbie.
Cambridge Applications 2022
Which are the best Cambridge Assessment Test Study materials?
Students should be looking for all kinds of study materials involving BMAT, ELAT, STEP, TMUA, etc. and all of them will be available on the company website itself.
If the students are going for admission to Oxford university or even to the University of Cambridge, the pre-interview assessment will be important but the interview that students will partake in will be equally important as well.
Certain tips can be found on the college websites and students can follow that only without consulting any third-party websites. There are experts who emphasize using the official college websites for such information rather than the other ones, as the former has the most updated information and tips about the exams and how to prepare. The information from outside sources might not be relevant and may harm the preparation structure of the applicants.
As per the university websites, if someone is offering paid assistance to applicants for getting them ahead for the examination do not know any more than the students who are thoroughly following the official website of the colleges.
If students are honest towards going through all the past papers and following all the data provided on the college sites, then they will always remain ahead and that will be showcased on the assessment answers.
Common Cambridge Applications 2022 Questions
One should get their test candidate entry number from their own school or a test centre that will act as proof of entry. The usual timeline of entries is before 6 PM and the dates are usually the 15th of October.
All the information regarding the timeline and test entry number allotment will be available on the official website of the colleges, so one should keep checking for getting better information.
If the test numbers are not taken correctly, then it is not the fault of the schools or the college applicants who are giving the test. It is the sole responsibility of the student to get these things updated on their end.
The answer to most common questions that students ask:
- If a student is not able to find a test centre on the official website of the college, they should contact the CAAT for getting further assistance in locating the test centres. Sometimes, students are provided with an alternative test centre from where they can appear for the examination.
- If a student has a clash with the assessment dates of the college and any other examination, then they should let their test centre be aware of the situation first and then they are liable to request a timetable variation. The test centres usually make the timetable variation request but it is the responsibility of the student to get an update on that information.
- If a student wants to request extra time to access any access arrangement for the admission test, then they will have to apply for access arrangements from the test centres only.
Cambridge’s History Admissions Assessment (HAA)
- Is a relatively new exam.
- Launched in 2016.
- Previously was used for Cambridge History degree course decisions – rather than using a written exam like Oxford University’s equialent HAT (for History degree admissions to Oxford Uni).
NSAA Cambridge admissions test guide
Key features of Cambridge University’s Natural Sciences degree course include:
- A wide range of physical and biological science subjects.
- 16 teaching departments
- A broad first year.
- Increasing 2nd year specialisation in the 2nd year of study.
- Total specialisation from the 3rd year of study.
- Breadth that reflects 2023 science boundaries boundaries between science subjects
- The useful and pragmatic option to change your science speciality.
Further details are available here: Cambridge University’s Natural Sciences degree course.
LNAT Cambridge Applications 2022
Cambridge Law Schools does require prospective law students to take the LNAT (the Law National Aptitude Testou).
Also, if you are applying to study at the Cambridge Law school then you will need to take the Cambridge Law Test too.
What is the Sixth Term Examination Paper (STEP)
Key features of the STEP:
- Well-established maths examination.
- Almost every university in the UK asks for STEP for undergraduate candidates applying for the mathematics-related course as an admission test formality.
- The motive of this test is to check the quality, originality, and ability of the candidate whether they are capable enough to use standard techniques and formulas under usual conditions.
- There are two 3-hour papers:
- Paper one consists of A-Level maths and AS-level maths
- Paper two consists of A-Level Maths and A-level further maths
- A-Level and Further Mathematics.
- Candidates scoring at least Grade 1 in both papers get admission to universities.
- Each of the questions holds 20 marks, and the maximum a candidate can score is 120.
- There are 5 grades S, 1, 2, 3, U. S is Outstanding, 1 is Very Good, 2 is Good, 3 is Satisfactory, U is unclassified. Candidates have to register themselves; the registration fee is £93.00 per STEP test.