Welcome to School Entrance Tests‘s 12 Plus Exam practice papers for Year 6 entry exams. These 12+ test practice and other 12 plus entry exam prep materials are for parents and tutors. Specifically those preparing for the upcoming 12+ exams in 2024
TOP Prep school 12+ practice papers
The following links takes you to the THE BEST PRACTICE for 12+ exams because they are the closest replica versions of the actual 12 plus exams. In other words, cover all 12+ subjects:
- Conducting 12+ entry exam revision using your own specimen 12+ set.
- So, we suggest that parents and tutors start by downloading and printing out specimen papers.
- Then sift through the individual 12 plus past papers. Put the whole seven + exam bundle in to approximate order of increasing difficulty.
- This way allows whomever is supervising the child’s 12 plus revision sessions to select a challenging paper each time.
- The paper needs to be set at your child’s current 12 plus ability level. So neither too easy. Nor too challenging.
What’s in the 12+ exam papers?
- The exam tests ability in the core subjects: English, Maths and Reasoning
- Every school has a slightly different exam structure, but generally, children are tested on their abilities in the core subjects of Maths, English and Reasoning.
Common Entrance Registration
Pupils are usually entered for the examinations by their prep school.
- Determines a child’s suitability to join a grammar school in Years 8 or 9.
- Allows additional time to prepare.
- Strong academic focus on the core subjects and is used by many of the top grammar schools in the UK.
- Always on the basis of available grammar school spaces in those year groups.
12 Plus practice tests English and 12+ Maths test practice for private school entry
We recommend that your child follows these 12+ exam revision steps to achieve their 12 plus test potential.
- To learn the most efficient 12+ exam techniques.
- Then review our own School Entrance Tests sample 12+ exam papers.
- Next to purchase a 12+ Mock exam using the LINKS shown above.
- To then confidently analyse your 12+ exam successes and failures in terms of the different 12+ exam question types.
- Keep using 12 plus practice tests at least once a week for several weeks.
- And then once you’re ready you should attempt your first 12+ mock test.
- Our 12+ sample tests will help you to familiarise yourself with the different 12+ exam item types.
Leveraging School Entrance Tests‘ 12 plus past papers
This is using the practice materials which are closest to your 12+ school entry exam and why we offer the very latest school entrance 12+ past paers.
These are the best source for your child to use.
Step by step guide to using our 12 plus practice papers
- Check you’ve found the correct age (12 plus practice papers) for your child from our site’s hundreds of pages.
- Download the most recent 12+ exam papers available.
- Schedule 12+ test revision sessions at least once a week. Ideally first thing in the morning. Or at the weekend.
- Initially, use the first 1-2 revision sessions to familiarise your child with the
- 12+ exam format and the
- Different types of question in the 12+ exam.
- As they complete more practice 12+ papers, your child will also perfect their 12+ exam technique.
Who takes the 12+ Late transfer test?
It is aimed at Years 7 and 8 pupils who’ve narrowly missed out on an 11 plus pass (to gain entry to grammar school). Although not all grammar schools accept 12+ exam (13+ exam entry).
What happens is that to, three or more grammar school places can become available for two reasons:
- Firstly, if there are too few grammar school applicants in a particular 11+ year.
- Secondly, pupils who decide, for whatever reason, to leave their grammar school in the middle of a term.