There is a fee of GBP 2.99 to access this quiz.
This is our 10-minute 11 Plus CLOZE Test practice quiz
Which are THE BEST 11 plus Verbal Reasoning practice test papers?School Entrance Tests recommend finding your school’s exam by name at the next link below:
What are 11 Plus CLOZE tests?There are two kinds of 11 Plus CLOZE test:
- CLOZE 11 plus paragraphs; and CLOZE 11 plus words tests. Both of these are 11 plus verbal reasoning tests.
- With the 11 plus CLOZE paragraphs, there is a word or more left out of a sentence or paragraph. The word options are sometimes provided, sometimes not.
- For CLOZE word tests, letters in a specific word are omitted and your child will have to provide these.
School Entrance Tests‘ wish you all the very best of luck with your 11 plus !
- Firstly, our free verbal reasoning 11 plus papers;
- Secondly, , our 11 plus results day guide;
- Then next our recommended 11 plus Maths papers; and
- Finally an extensive Local Grammar Schools Guide for parents
11 plus SKILLS GUIDES
These aim to improve your personal 11 plus needs in certain skills: Maths skills; Verbal Reasoning, Non Verbal Reasoning and English skills.
Ho improve reading skills and Comprehension Skills?
When time is limited make use of our very handy 10-minute quizzes,
including a free Ten-Minute Maths Test for 11 Plus and a range of very reasonably priced 10-minute quizzes.
- grammar and
- knowledge of English
Tips for CLOZE verbal reasoning tests:
- read the whole passage before you choose the missing word
- use your knowledge of grammar and syntax. For example, knowing whether the word should be a noun, adjective, verb or adverb, might help in eliminating the incorrect options
- start with the ones you know or are familiar with
- make use of spelling rules if you are not familiar with the cloze word in question
- re-read the whole paragraph/sentence to make sure it makes sense
How do you prepare for CLOZE verbal reasoning testsCEM has always endeavoured to make their tests ‘tutor-proof’ and this might just be their next step. As 11 Plus Verbal Reasoning CLOZE tests are becoming the new norm for CEM 11 Plus grammar school how do you prepare your child?
- Make sure they know their grammar and syntax. What is a verb, an adverb, a noun, an adjective and when do you use which.
- Get them to know and apply spelling rules. Have ‘spelling bees’ around the dinner table or on the way to school get
- Assure they have a good vocabulary. Take a new ‘word of the day’ every day. Make sure they know the meaning and try and use it in conversations with you throughout the day.
Our Practice Test booksBrilliant Passing Verbal Reasoning Tests
11 plus CLOZE verbal reasoning tests
Our 11 Plus Practice
- 11 Plus Maths practice: Firstly, our useful mental Maths practice. You may also find these CAT Practice Tips Intro
- Our 11 Plus Verbal Reasoning Practice: In our opinion these are some of the best 11 plus tips for Verbal Reasoning. Next, the School Entrance Tests 11+ Verbal Reasoning Practice. Here is our book on Passing Verbal Reasoning Tests
- Our English 11 plus test practice and 11 plus English tips: firstly, to improve your literacy Secondly, practice to improve your spelling and grammar. Thirdly, some general 11 plus English tips.
- 11 Plus non verbal reasoning tips: We are very proud of our 11 Plus non verbal reasoning article with the City Kids magazine.
11 plus CLOZE verbal reasoning test