Firstly, the list below shows our Reading and Slough 11 plus practice and Grammar School Entrance information. You will find information on the relevant Grammar School and the town it is in from the links below.
2023 Reading 11 Plus Practice and Slough 11 Plus Practice
Slough Consortium of Grammar Schools Guide to 11+ Test for entry 2019
- Slough Consortium11 plus exam in the w/c 12th Oct.
- Kendrick School 11 plus exam.
- Reading School for Boys 11 plus exam.
- Reading School for Girls 11 plus exam.
Slough and Reading Exam Format
The Slough and Reading 11 plus exam comprises two separate 11 plus papers; each lasting approximately 60 to 65 minutes. There is a mixture of questions on comprehension, verbal reasoning, mathematical reasoning, and nonverbal reasoning. The papers are categorized into timed sections as well as the instruction we provide it on an audio soundtrack. Most of the questions are multiple-choice and the answers are completed (and then marked) using a separate machine-readable sheet.
However, in more recent days, Grammar schools are seen as selective academically-oriented secondary schools in England. They also now teach a wide variety of subjects.
Slough 11 Plus Practice
Interestingly, these schools were one part of the state-funded education system from around 1944 to the late 1960’s. The other part of this stated funded system was state schools. However, after this era, many of these schools became independent, charging fees. Subsequently, other former grammar schools were abolished or became state-funded comprehensive schools.
* * These practice tests are the most accurate you will find: BUY cheaper 11+ bundle
* BUY test practice bundles at REDUCED PRICES. *
Some of these Grammar schools that retained their selective intake recently gained Academy status. Therefore making them independent from the Local Education Authority.
Grammar schools today
Only 163 of these Grammar schools still remain in England today. There are however no remaining Grammar schools in North East England or Wales and 69 Grammar schools in Northern Ireland. Currently, Grammar schools are only found in 37 local English authorities, of which 7 are in the Greater London area. Consequently, more than half of these Grammar schools are therefore seen as selective, with only 1 out of 5 local children get selected on ability.
In 1998 the government at the time also put a ban on any new all-selective grammar schools being formed. They did, however, make provision for future local ballots on the existence of grammar schools. This has, therefore, become a contentious subject within government and social circles. In 2016 the Prime Minister lifted the ban on Grammar schools. Consequently, in May 2018 it was announced that Grammar schools will create thousands of new places. It will certainly be interesting to see how the selectivity of these schools will be influenced.
Most noteworthy is that you don’t necessarily have to live within a certain catchment area to gain access to a Grammar school. Some schools recruit outside of their local authority and some also offer boarding facilities. However, most Grammar schools these days give preference to children with an easily commutable distance of the school. Therefore, for some of these schools, the commuting distance can be the tiebreaker.
It would be easiest to list the remaining Grammar schools according to the different regions in England. Below are further subdivisions of these regions. Various types of subdivisions exist. These also include boroughs, for London as well as metropolitan counties, shire counties and unitary authorities.
Reading 11+ practice and Slough 11 Plus Practice
Reading 11+ Tuition for Slough Grammar Schools
- Kendrick Girls’ Grammar School, Reading (girls)
- Reading School, Reading (boys)
- Herschel Grammar School, Slough (mixed)
- Langley Grammar School, Langleyi (mixed)
- Upton Court Grammar School, Slough (mixed)
- St Bernard’s Catholic Grammar School, Langley (mixed)
Top FREE PRACTICE 11 plus past papers
- Firstly, our 11 plus non-verbal reasoning tips and our Step-by-step guide to passing the 11 plus.
- Secondly, CEM 11 plus format test practice.
- Thirdly, our helpful 11 Plus Guide for parents and 11 plus practice past papers.
- So, when is the 11 plus results day 2023?
- Plus then our 11 Plus non-Verbal Reasoning test practice papers for 2023 entry.
- Recommended 11 plus Verbal Reasoning papers to use prior to your 11 plus verbal reasoning 2022 exam.
- Top 11 Plus Verbal Reasoning test practice papers for 2023 entry.
- Best selling 11 Plus English test practice papers for 2023 entry.
- Recommended 11 Plus Maths test practice papers for 2023 entry.
- Whats the 11 plus pass mark?
- The most popular test practice 11 plus exam 2023.
- GL 11 plus test practice.
We are very proud of School Entrance Tests’ popular City Kids magazine 11 Plus non-verbal reasoning tips article.
Hope you found our11 plus exam preparation useful. If you can’t find what you are looking for here, then we suggest reviewing the full range of School Entrance exam practice tests here.
Here’s School Entrance Tests’ popular Passed Papers You Tube channel.
FREE 11 Plus Practice Tests with answers.
Slough 11 Plus Practice and Reading 11 plus practice